Sent from Yoshiko, Hoboken, NJ.
Here’s my super-simple, super-flavorful, fail-proof baked chicken recipe using the Cajun Blend. I get hungry just thinking about it…
Chicken thighs with the skin on
Fresh shallots, minced
Fresh garlic, minced
Mrs. Belem Cajun Blend
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line Baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle regular salt and pepper on the underside of the thigh.
- You can of course sprinkle the Cajun Blend on the underside as well, but since I have a 3-year old, I always have to choose the milder version.
- Line up chicken, skin side up.
- Carefully peel pack the chicken skin, leaving one end attached to the meat.
- Sprinkle Cajun Blend, minced shallots and garlic on the meat.
- Pull skin back over the meat. Sprinkle Cajun Blend on the skin.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-35 minutes (depending on size of thighs or if you’re just using drum sticks) or until juices run clear. The skin should be nice and crispy.
Serve with a simple salad and rice or crusty bread. Spoon the chicken juice over rice or dip bread in it. Enjoy!
[box]Thanks you so much for sharing this with us. We will surely try this on our side.
-The Mrs Belem Team [/box]