Looking for an easy recipe to share with friends and family when they come over to visit? We have a very simple and very tasty white been dip that is sure to please.
Please note that you can also use “canned” white beans but here are Mrs. Belem, we prefer to do it the old-fashioned way.
- Small bag dry cannellini beans* or 1 16-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Mrs. Belem Curry Blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Finish with 3 Sprinkles of either Mrs. Belem Curry Blend, Provençal or Tuscan Blend
*If cooking your cannellini beans then you will also need 2 peeled carrots, 1 small onion (skin peeled), 1 trimmed leek and a bouquet garni (2 sprigs each, Fresh Thyme, Rosemary and Bay Leaves tied together with butchers string)
(if using dried beans):
Cook your Cannellini or kidney beans for 1 hour in a pot with 2 pealed carrots, an onion, a trimmed leek, ¼ teaspoon of Mrs. Belem Curry Blend and a Bouquet garni. You will know when the beans have finished cooking when you start to see the skin opening up.
Take the cooked beans and place them in a food processor and puree them with the cumin, fresh mint, a bit of olive, lemon juice, lemon zest. (If using “canned” beans, add the ¼ teaspoon of the Mrs. Belem Curry Blend in this step.)
Place in serving bowl, finish with a swirl of olive oil and 3 sprinkles of your choice of either, Mrs. Belem Curry Blend, Provençal or Tuscan Blend and start eating. You can use fresh veggies, sliced pita bread or our favorite, sliced fresh baguette.